Here is a great way to have a mixed media quilting experience! You will assemble a collage quilt that is filled with personal items from your studio or create a memory wreath (see pink wreath photo below). Composition, color schemes, and a well thought out plan will be emphasized. Many different techniques will be discussed to help you create your collage quilt such as appliqué, piecing, fusing, and using photos and fibers. You will learn to add finishing sparkle to your quilt with beading and embellishments using my techniques featured in AQS vol. XXIV.
You will create a collage quilt well on its way to being finished.
1. Quilt top fabric (suggested size 24ʺ to 30ʺ square)
2. Batting & backing for project (24ʺ to 30ʺ square)
3. Fabrics with images to fussy cut (leaves, flowers, butterflies, fish, and other images to accent your modern collage)
4. Fabric photos, UFO blocks, laces, beads, fibers & yarns, cheese cloth, and any other modern mixed media
5. A variety of sewing thread
6. Pins & scissors
7. Fray check
8. Basting glue (Fabric-Tac permanent adhesive by Beacon or your favorite brand)
9. Sewing machine with appliqué foot (and couching foot if you own one)
10. Small trash bag