“Modern Design: Transforming Tradition”
Approximate Size 28ʺ x 40ʺ
One to three day class
All skill levels
This lovely blossom is the result of a clever design that makes piecing easy. You will learn several innovative techniques that transform traditional piecing to modern spontaneous piecing. The interesting pixilated area adds dimension to the piece and lends itself to a variety of appliqué and embellishment techniques. Exploring fiber and bead embellishment will give your quilt a sparkling finish. I will demonstrate my beaded binding technique published in AQS Vol. XXIV.
One to two day class: You will create a quilt top with unique piecing and appliqué.
Three day class: Includes the above and machine quilting instruction.
1. One yard for background, border, and pixel block
2. ¾ yard for flower center, border accent, pixel block & binding
3. Four fat quarters in a variety of colors and printed textures for flower and pixel block
4. For three day class: backing and batting
5. Chalk marker, pencil, tape
6. Six pieces of tracing or notebook paper
7. Variety of couching fiber, yarn, rickrack, variegated thread, etc. (for finishing raw edge appliqué)
8. Rotary cutter, seam ripper, & cutting board
9. Sewing machine (including appliqué foot) & thread
10. Ironing surface
11. Basting glue (Fabric-Tac permanent adhesive by Beacon or your favorite brand)